Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Jay-Z seeks to sanction rape accuser’s lawyer as legal fight escalates

Published

on

Rap mogul Jay-Z on Wednesday asked

, opens new tab a judge in Manhattan to dismiss a lawsuit accusing him and fellow rapper Sean “Diddy” Combs of raping a 13-year-old girl during a party in 2000, and to sanction the Houston attorney who filed the case.

Jay-Z accused the lawyer, Tony Buzbee, of multiple inaccuracies in the complaint, and of failing to investigate the allegations before filing the lawsuit.

Buzbee’s lawsuit, which initially named just Combs and later added Jay-Z as a defendant, alleged that the unnamed girl was drugged and raped by both men at a party hosted by Combs following the MTV Music Awards in 2000. Combs and Jay-Z have denied the allegatio

ns.

 

 

 

 

 

Monday’s filing from Jay-Z’s lawyer Alex Spiro at law firm Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan said NBC News had determined that a number of claims in the Buzbee case “were either false or highly doubtful.”

Buzbee’s client, identified only as Jane Doe, claimed that her father picked her up after the alleged assault, but her father does not remember doing so, Jay-Z said, citing a December NBC News report

 

 

 

 

 

These inaccuracies cast “considerable doubt on plaintiff’s allegation that Mr. Carter raped her, which he did not,” Jay-Z told U.S. District Judge Analisa Torres.

In addition to dismissing the claims, the filing asked Torres to punish Buzbee by imposing a monetary sanction, such as forcing him to cover Jay-Z’s legal fees.

Buzbee in an email to Reuters said the filing “reeks of desperation.” He accused Spiro and his team of trying to “bully or intimidate counsel by filing meritless and frivolous pleadings full of lies and half truths

 

 

 

 

 

A Quinn Emanuel spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The filing marks the latest salvo in an escalating legal battle between Buzbee, Jay-Z and his legal team.

In November, Quinn Emanuel sued Buzbee and the Buzbee Law Firm on Jay-Z’s behalf in Los Angeles, alleging Buzbee threatened to lodge “wildly false horrific allegations” in order to “extort exorbitant sums.”

Buzbee countered by suing Quinn Emanuel in Harris County, Texas, last month, accusing the firm of harassing his colleagues, his clients and his family. Quinn Emanuel has denied the allegations..”.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Buzbee’s firm has also brought two lawsuits against Quinn Emanuel and Jay-Z’s company Roc Nation, alleging they encouraged the Buzbee Law Firm’s former clients to bring “frivolous” cases against it. Quinn Emanuel and Roc Nation have not formally responded to the lawsuit.

The case is Jane Doe v. Sean Combs, et al., U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 1:24-cv-07975

For Jane Doe: Anthony Buzbee, Christopher Leavitt, Ryan Pigg, David Fortney and Colby Holler, of The Buzbee Law Firm; Andrew Van Arsdale, of Ava Law Group; and Antigone Curis, of Curis Law PLLC

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITY8 hours ago

BREAKING: Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce Welcome Baby Boy: A New Chapter Begins…See More Adorable Photos

CELEBRITY4 days ago

Jennifer Lopez, 54, Shows Off Her New Boyfriend – And You Might Recognize Him!

CELEBRITY4 days ago

NEWSJUST NOW!!! Very sad news, 15 minutes ago in Los Angeles, Hollywood Icon Bruce Willis he has just been confirmed… full.

CELEBRITY4 days ago

Patrick Mahomes & Brittany Matthews Post First Close-up Pic Of Baby Girl!shares his newborn’s STRANGE condition, and the whole family is in a gloomy atmosphere See 10 photos and full article here👇👇

CELEBRITY4 days ago

CELEBRITYSerena Williams From Queen Of The Turf To Queen Of The Sea, An Impressive Transformation Journey….Read more…

CELEBRITY2 weeks ago

The actor, cared for day and night by his wife, Emma Heming, his ex-wife, Demi Moore, and his five daughters, retired from the screen three years ago due to aphasia

CELEBRITY2 weeks ago

Lo’s Engagement Is Official—Wait Until You See Who She’s Tied the Knot With!” Jennifer Lopez, 54, is showing off her new fiance… and you better sit down, because you might recognize him! ⤵️⤵️

CELEBRITY2 weeks ago

Brittany Mahomes shared photos of Golden Raye’s face for the first time and Drops a Shocking Bombshell About Her Newborn Daughter – You Won’t Believe What’s Next!

NEWS2 weeks ago

Queen Camilla KICKED OUT Of Royal Family After Prince Harry REVEALED This. Detailed information is below 👇

CELEBRITY2 weeks ago

Kendall Jenner Turns Heads In Topless Bikini Photos

CELEBRITY2 weeks ago

Sydney Sweeney Causes a Stir With Creepy New Reddit Movie Project

CELEBRITY2 weeks ago

Jennifer Lopez, 54, Shows Off Her New Boyfriend – And You Might Recognize Him!

Copyright © 2024 Danjreport