Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Jay-Z seeks to sanction rape accuser’s lawyer as legal fight escalates

Published

on

Rap mogul Jay-Z on Wednesday asked

, opens new tab a judge in Manhattan to dismiss a lawsuit accusing him and fellow rapper Sean “Diddy” Combs of raping a 13-year-old girl during a party in 2000, and to sanction the Houston attorney who filed the case.

Jay-Z accused the lawyer, Tony Buzbee, of multiple inaccuracies in the complaint, and of failing to investigate the allegations before filing the lawsuit.

Buzbee’s lawsuit, which initially named just Combs and later added Jay-Z as a defendant, alleged that the unnamed girl was drugged and raped by both men at a party hosted by Combs following the MTV Music Awards in 2000. Combs and Jay-Z have denied the allegatio

ns.

 

 

 

 

 

Monday’s filing from Jay-Z’s lawyer Alex Spiro at law firm Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan said NBC News had determined that a number of claims in the Buzbee case “were either false or highly doubtful.”

Buzbee’s client, identified only as Jane Doe, claimed that her father picked her up after the alleged assault, but her father does not remember doing so, Jay-Z said, citing a December NBC News report

 

 

 

 

 

These inaccuracies cast “considerable doubt on plaintiff’s allegation that Mr. Carter raped her, which he did not,” Jay-Z told U.S. District Judge Analisa Torres.

In addition to dismissing the claims, the filing asked Torres to punish Buzbee by imposing a monetary sanction, such as forcing him to cover Jay-Z’s legal fees.

Buzbee in an email to Reuters said the filing “reeks of desperation.” He accused Spiro and his team of trying to “bully or intimidate counsel by filing meritless and frivolous pleadings full of lies and half truths

 

 

 

 

 

A Quinn Emanuel spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The filing marks the latest salvo in an escalating legal battle between Buzbee, Jay-Z and his legal team.

In November, Quinn Emanuel sued Buzbee and the Buzbee Law Firm on Jay-Z’s behalf in Los Angeles, alleging Buzbee threatened to lodge “wildly false horrific allegations” in order to “extort exorbitant sums.”

Buzbee countered by suing Quinn Emanuel in Harris County, Texas, last month, accusing the firm of harassing his colleagues, his clients and his family. Quinn Emanuel has denied the allegations..”.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Buzbee’s firm has also brought two lawsuits against Quinn Emanuel and Jay-Z’s company Roc Nation, alleging they encouraged the Buzbee Law Firm’s former clients to bring “frivolous” cases against it. Quinn Emanuel and Roc Nation have not formally responded to the lawsuit.

The case is Jane Doe v. Sean Combs, et al., U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 1:24-cv-07975

For Jane Doe: Anthony Buzbee, Christopher Leavitt, Ryan Pigg, David Fortney and Colby Holler, of The Buzbee Law Firm; Andrew Van Arsdale, of Ava Law Group; and Antigone Curis, of Curis Law PLLC

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITY2 days ago

Rice was suspended for six games dueas it adds pressure on Patrick Mahomes after his career worst season in numbers to his involvement in a car accident in March 2024 read more 👇🏻👇🏻

CELEBRITY4 days ago

SAD NEWS: In a solemn announcement that has shaken the nation and the world, the White House released a statement today confirming the…Read More

NEWS5 days ago

Prezydent podpisał nowelizację, która przynosi ulgę nauczycielom. Koniec z kontrowersyjnymi “godzinami czarnkowymi” i nowe zasady od 2025 roku.

NEWS5 days ago

Prokurator Ewa Wrzosek delegowana do Ministerstwa Sprawiedliwości

CELEBRITY6 days ago

Kurski stanął w obronie Kaczyńskiego i zrugał Dudę. “Prymitywny ageizm

CELEBRITY6 days ago

30 minute ago at Washington D.C. —Barron Trump, son of President Donald J. Trump, has tragically passed away just weeks after enlisting in the United States Navy. Sources close to the Trump family confirmed the devastating news early this morning, stating only that Barron’s passing was due to 👇👇👇👇👇

CELEBRITY2 weeks ago

NEWSTo jest nasz Prezydent! I ĹĽaden pisowski sutener go nie zastÄ…pi

NEWS2 weeks ago

NFLRadosław Sikorski ujawnia swoje przemyślenia na temat potencjalnych sił pokojowych w Ukrainie i roli Melanii Trump w dyplomacji. Co z tego wyniknie?

CELEBRITY2 weeks ago

Trump spotkał się z Zełenskim w Białym Domu. Padły ważne słowa

NEWS2 weeks ago

Zełenski wymierzył policzek Nawrockiemu. Tuż przed spotkaniem z Trumpem znieważył polskiego prezydenta

NEWS2 weeks ago

Gigantyczna nagroda dla Igi Świątek! Wszystko dzięki triumfowi w Cincinnati

NEWS2 weeks ago

Lech Wałęsa z ręką na temblaku poszedł do kościoła. Na koszuli gigantyczna Matka Boska i flaga Ukrainy

Copyright © 2024 Danjreport