Connect with us

CELEBRITY

The celebrities who almost lost their life in the L.A. fires

Published

on

Gibson said he was in Austin recording the Joe Rogan podcast during the blaze. “I thought, ‘I wonder if my place is still there,’” he told Vargas. “But when I got home, sure enough, it wasn’t there … and I said to myself, ‘Well, at least I haven’t got any of those pesky plumbing problems anymore.’”

 

 

 

 

A house the actor inherited from his late parents burned down in the Palisades Fire, a representative for Bridges told the Hollywood Reporter

 

 

 

Mel Gibson

 

By Herb Scribner, Janay Kingsberry and Jada Yuan

Out-of-control wildfires around and within Los Angeles have killed at least 10 people and engulfed entire neighborhoods, forcing at least 180,000 people to flee as the blazes enter their third day.

 

Included in the wreckage are luxury homes owned by Hollywood stars, who grieved and commiserated like anyone else, albeit in public. Here’s what we know about the most rich and famous of the fires’ victims.

 

 

Get concise answers to your questions. Try Ask The Post AI.

Anthony Hopkins

Return to menu

 

Anthony Hopkins in 2022. (Patrick T. Fallon/AFP/Getty Images)

Images published by the Daily Mail, People and TMZ reportedly show the Oscar-winning actor’s colonial home in the Pacific Palisades reduced to rubble.

 

According to the Daily Mail, this is not the first time the 87-year-old has suffered the loss of a home. Hopkins lost his London home to a fire in 2000, and his Palisades home narrowly escaped the Woolsey Fire in 2018, which destroyed his neighbor’s property.

 

Mel Gibson

Return to menu

The “Mad Max” actor lost the Malibu home he lived in for over a decade in the Palisades Fire, he revealed in a phone interview with NewsNation’s “Elizabeth Vargas Reports,” calling the experience “devastating” and describing the neighborhood as “completely toasted.”

 

Story continues below advertisement

 

Gibson said he was in Austin recording the Joe Rogan podcast during the blaze. “I thought, ‘I wonder if my place is still there,’” he told Vargas. “But when I got home, sure enough, it wasn’t there … and I said to myself, ‘Well, at least I haven’t got any of those pesky plumbing problems anymore.’”

 

 

Gibson’s wife, Rosalind Ross, and their son, Lars, were able to get to safety, and he added that all his chickens were safe. He’d lost photographs, files and memories but said he was grateful for the generosity of everyone around him. “Obviously, it’s kind of devastating. It’s emotional,” Gibson told Vargas, while also criticizing California Gov. Gavin Newsom. “I had my stuff there, and it’s all like, I’ve been relieved from the burden of my stuff, because it’s all in cinders.”

 

 

 

Known for “The Big Lebowski” and “The Old Man,” among other projects, Bridges had been sharing the house with his wife, Susan Geston, and had battled and beaten a lymphoma diagnosis there in 2020 and 2021.

 

Candy Spelling

Return to menu

The Broadway producer, widow to “90210” producer Aaron Spelling and mother to Tori Spelling, has lost the Malibu home she shared with her husband for 50 years, People reported. Spelling was staying in Beverly Hills while the Malibu beachfront property was under construction.

 

The house was 8,000 square feet and had seven bedrooms, according to a report from the Wall Street Journal in 2019, when Spelling listed the property for sale for $23 million

 

 

Paris Hiltons

Hilton said on social media Wednesday that she learned her home in Malibu had been destroyed by fires while watching the news. She said it was the home where her son, Phoenix, “took his first steps.”

 

 

To know so many are waking up today without the place they called home is truly heartbreaking,” she said.

 

Hilton purchased a mid-century, 3,000-square-foot beach house in the area for more than $8 million in 2021, according to celebrity and real estate news outlets.

 

A news clip Hilton shared on social media after the fire showed buildings along the same road burned down to the frames.

 

 

 

 

 

Crystal said in a statement to multiple outlets that he and his wife, Janice, lost the home that they had been living in for 45 years.

 

“We raised our children and grandchildren here. Every inch of our house was filled with love. Beautiful memories that can’t be taken away. We are heartbroken of course but with the love of our children and friends we will get through this,” he said.

 

 

 

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITY21 hours ago

Rice was suspended for six games dueas it adds pressure on Patrick Mahomes after his career worst season in numbers to his involvement in a car accident in March 2024 read more 👇🏻👇🏻

CELEBRITY2 days ago

SAD NEWS: In a solemn announcement that has shaken the nation and the world, the White House released a statement today confirming the…Read More

NEWS3 days ago

Prezydent podpisał nowelizację, która przynosi ulgę nauczycielom. Koniec z kontrowersyjnymi “godzinami czarnkowymi” i nowe zasady od 2025 roku.

NEWS3 days ago

Prokurator Ewa Wrzosek delegowana do Ministerstwa Sprawiedliwości

CELEBRITY5 days ago

Kurski stanął w obronie Kaczyńskiego i zrugał Dudę. “Prymitywny ageizm

CELEBRITY5 days ago

30 minute ago at Washington D.C. —Barron Trump, son of President Donald J. Trump, has tragically passed away just weeks after enlisting in the United States Navy. Sources close to the Trump family confirmed the devastating news early this morning, stating only that Barron’s passing was due to 👇👇👇👇👇

CELEBRITY1 week ago

NEWSTo jest nasz Prezydent! I żaden pisowski sutener go nie zastąpi

NEWS1 week ago

NFLRadosław Sikorski ujawnia swoje przemyślenia na temat potencjalnych sił pokojowych w Ukrainie i roli Melanii Trump w dyplomacji. Co z tego wyniknie?

CELEBRITY1 week ago

Trump spotkał się z Zełenskim w Białym Domu. Padły ważne słowa

NEWS1 week ago

Zełenski wymierzył policzek Nawrockiemu. Tuż przed spotkaniem z Trumpem znieważył polskiego prezydenta

NEWS1 week ago

Gigantyczna nagroda dla Igi Świątek! Wszystko dzięki triumfowi w Cincinnati

NEWS1 week ago

Lech Wałęsa z ręką na temblaku poszedł do kościoła. Na koszuli gigantyczna Matka Boska i flaga Ukrainy

Copyright © 2024 Danjreport